A Travellerspoint blog

The madness of Huacachina!

I arrived in Huacachina, we were later than expected, there was a swimming pool, hammocks and a round bar. It seemed to be a really nice hostel.


Peru hop were trying to warn me and another couple away from staying here because apparently it's unsafe. In the hostal reviews I had read, Peru hop said the same to other people, but it turned out fine. I figure they have had a disagreement or something.

I chucked my bag in the dorm, arranged sand buggying and sandboarding for the following day then propped myself at the bar. I met a Peruvian girl, Kalica and a new Zealand lad. We decided to head out to another bar where one of the staff ended up getting the sack, so we told him to come with us, we moved on and had more beers. This dude we picked up was weird! In one of the bars I befriended the local barmen, they taught me spanish, everything I said they would tell me the Spanish and I would repeat it. They also taught me and the new Zealand dude basic salsa steps, this did not come naturally to either of us. We helped the guys shut up the bar and we all carried on. Ended up in a disco tech and got back to the hostal about 5am. We were completely ruined by this point, no surprise there.

Got up about 8, had breakfast, I did not feel normal! I just chilled out until sandboarding. Had lunch and thought I would have a beer, I managed about half!

Time for sandboarding! I had heard so many stories about broken legs and collarbones, this could get interesting. Maybe I will just sit down, that's what sensible people do, pah. We all got into the buggys and got strapped in. What an absolute fucking blast, my tummy came out of my mouth about a dozen times, I thought the buggy was going to tip a million times, it was so much fun! It really was just like a huge roller coaster,  the driver was really good at building anticipation and excitent. He would slow down just before the peak of the dune and we had no idea how steep each one was going to be the other side, then he would fly down the dune. Ah what a crack! As we were driving around the scenary didn't look real. It was absolutely stunning. I never realised sand could be so stunning. It also looked hard, which just sounds stupid but it did. I didn't understand how the buggy drivers knew where to drive, it was just a shit ton of sand and we had been buggying for a good half hour or so.


Just looking around at the pure serenity of it all. Completely different to the Andes Mountains, still so stunning.


(Me fallen off on first little sand dune, just sitting down)




We then stopped and got out. The hangover had well and truely gone! Time to grab a sandboard, wax it and start boarding. I sat down on the first dune, it was only a little one, I even managed to tumble sitting down. It was really good fun though. It was pretty nerve-wracking in all honesty, everyone got a little nervous haha.

Me falling after just sitting down!


The next dune I thought fuck I will stand up, it was awesomeeeeeeee!!! It's so strange going that speed whilst standing on a board, I've never been snowboarding and never really skateboarder. You really do pick up quite a bit of speed. After doing a few dunes we all jumped back in the buggy, I thought that was it. Nope, the buggy stops and he says there's more, "Get in" I thought, I jumped out the buggy, grabbed a board and walked to where he directed me.

"Holy fuck, shit, bollocks, wank that is fucking steep and it goes on for fucking agggges!!"

There were about 25 of us and of course he suggests I go first. He explains no one should stand on this one, everyone should lay down, so I laid on the board. "Boobs together and legs open" he says, then pushes me down. It was, no shitting you, virtually vertic, you quickly picked up a lot of speed. I held onto the straps of the board so frigging tight. Then the board started swerving up on another sand dune on the right then swerved back down towards the left. It was fucking awesome! Soooooooo much fun!

New Zealand dude, Kalica and moi. Can't remember the dudes name!

We headed back across the dunes, towards the hostel. We all jumped out when we were near the hostel but still on sand dunes. Had a little wonder then headed back to the hostel.

Huacachina is so small, you can walk around it in about 15 minutes.


Thats Huacachina!

During the sandboarding I met a couple of northern English girls, Clare and Fearne. Once I got back to the hostel they were sat at the bar. We got chatting again, I hadn't actually met any British people on my trip so far, it was strangely comforting meeting people from the same country. They were going to see the sun set on the dunes and asked if I wanted to join. So off we went, walking up the sand was hard work. The sunset was ok, company was lovely. The girls were really nice.

We wandered back down to the hostel, had some food and beers. Fearne was chatting to a couple of lads and I was chatting to Clare, she's hilarious, she kept cracking me up. I was adamant I wasn't going to have another messy night. That shortly changed. We had quite a few drinks at the hostal, then pretty much everyone decided to head out, we went to a bar called 'Huaca-fucking-china'. After this I don't really remember much, apart from the fact Fearne was worried about Clare because I think she popped to the shop but was ages, so we walked for ages and there was nothing open but we eventually found her. It's all a bit of a blur. When we got back to the hostal a huge bloke came out and started doing this weird thing to us with leaves, checking our energy and relaxing us. Picking different leaves from trees and rubbing them on our heads and hip bones. Fuck knows, it was all a bit fucking weird. The only thing I know is I got into bed at nearly 6am. So much for a quiet one.

The following day I felt like shit again! No surprise there! I woke up about 8 ish and went and had breakfast. I was sat there drinking black 'te' praying it would sort me out when a man came over and said my name.... 'Oh fuck, who are you, why are you saying my name, what have I done'. He explains he works at the hostel and that I hadn't done my second activity. With each night staying at the hostel you get an activity. I had Pisco and wine tasting left to do. Oh dear god! This might be the end of me. They had booked me on for the afternoon trip. I was dreading this!

Clare and Fearne were also going to Paracas today, the same as me for the poor man's galapagos island trip. They asked what hostel I was staying at in and booked the same one, potentially the same dorm as well. They headed off in the morning but my bus wasn't until 6pm. They were really sweet and said they'd wait for me to get there so we can all go to dinner. We said our goodbyes for now and they headed off.

I went to the reception for midday to go on the wine tour, there were 6 of us 2 couples, me and another solo female. We went in 2 cars, we saw how they made it then tried a few wines and Piscos. It was over pretty quickly. We got back into the car and headed to another place, I didn't realise we were going to 2 places. The second was very strange, it had mummys in it, seal skulls, random pictures of possessed jesus, it was so weird!



(Just some seal skulls resting on the Pisco wine haha)



Our guide was filling up our glasses to the top with all the different wines and Piscos, he would refill with the same ones as well, we were all having a laugh and all got pretty pissed. The tour guide of another group that were there were only getting a tiny sip ha!

We headed back to the hostal, we decided to go for lunch together - all apart from the other solo girl. It was really good fun. Helen and Tom were from England and Marshal and Danielle were from Australia. We really did put the world to rights at this lunch, we chatted about sooooo much - technology, politics, education, nhs and the equivalent in Aussie and Canada (Marshal and Danielle live in Canada at the moment)-in Canada you have to pay a lot of money for an ambulance so loads of people don't use them, despite needing them. So weird! We ended up getting quite pissed as well, it was really nice and awesome.

I had to leg it to get my bus at 6, grabbed a beer on route to have on the bus. I don't remember too much of the bus journey! But I got to Paracas just fine!

Posted by gemvinny 03:35 Comments (0)

Arequipa, my chill time

In Arequipa I didn't do a lot, the hostal was ok, pretty generic and probably more of a party hostal.



I decided to get a private room and nurse myself back to health and just relax and spread all my stuff out so I can sort it.



The first day I managed to eat a little. I stayed in my room and just wrote about my trek. Had a wonder around but that's about it. Another area, another map I thought.


I had wifi again so I could contact people at home. I spoke to Tommy on the phone for the first time in 2 weeks and at first I just couldn't stop crying, it was so nice to hear his voice. A well needed catch up. Just what I needed!

The second day I was feeling fit as a fiddle. I just relaxed all day then headed out for a mojito in the evening. I wasn't up for meeting anyone, I just wanted to be on my own, have a mojito and read or write my blog. It was lovely, although happy hour it was 2 mojitos for 12 soles (about £2) so I ended up drinking about 10.



Then i stumbled back to my hostel and passed out. Luckily woke up about 2am, I Showered and packed, I was being picked up at 5.30am. I didn't get back to sleep so just carried on writing my blog.

I was feeling great and revitalized, ready to meet more people and be sociable again. I had a 14 hour bus journey to get through first.

Bus journey was fine, I used to get so travel sick on coaches but this trip I seemed to be enjoying the bus journeys, watching all the scenary go passed and seeing the different towns and villages. Only down side to the coaches are lack of windows that open. We stopped for breakfast but after this we only stopped at a petrol station, petrol stations in south america don't sell sandwiches so a packet of crisps for lunch and dinner. Poor effort Peru hop. I wasn't too fussed though.

We stopped and went to the viewing tower to see 2 of the Nazca lines, that was cool. Pretty interesting all the different thesis with how they got their. Aliens or people. They were carved in using chalk and discovered around 1940, they have stayed for so many years because it never rains in Nazca, funny that when it's in the desert. They don't know how many lines there are 80 have been found but whenever there's a sandstorm more are discovered, more were discovered only a week ago after a sandstorm.

We jumped back onto the bus and made our way Huacachina.

Posted by gemvinny 06:53 Comments (0)

Cusco -> Copecabana -> Island of the sun -> Arequipa


So we left Cusco, we had to get a bus to another bus, within minutes of sitting on the second bus I fell asleep because of my eye, it wasn't the comfiest of sleeps, being on a bus and all. I also felt a bit sick. After 8 hours we arrived in a place where we were going to have breakfast, my eye felt a little better.

We had a boat tour on Lake Titikaka, I can't say I was looking forward to this because my stomach really didnt feel right and my eye still hurt. So pleased I pushed through and did it. So interesting, there's around about 80 floating islands that people live on. Man made irelands made of vine leaves. You can swim under them to the other side. We got off the boat and went onto one. It's really strange walking on it. It doesn't seem possible, what's even weirder is that they now have electric there- tvs etc! We had a look in one of the huts where they sleep, again its very basic, the bed is on the floor and the clothes are just hanging on the side, no living room or kitchen. I imagine each island share the living area. There's about 5 families on each island and one leader. We then went on one of the original lake Titikaka boats and went around the island. I didn't like the tour guide on this trip, he was very abrupt and rude, not like Magical Mark haha!

We then got back on the bus and headed towards the border. Now we had to get off the bus and walk over the border, everything was such an effort. My bag was sooooooo heavy. I couldn't work out if it was because of how I had packed it or because I was feeling so rough. I really wanted to just leave it. We go through passport control (who were the moodiest cunts ever) and we're finally in Bolivia, we now had to jump on another bus. By this point I well and truely had the shits! Happy days, got the shits on and a hot stinky bus.

Mariana told the new tour guide I was unwell, she blamed the altitude, I knew it wasn't the altitude. It was unlikely considering I had been at a high altitude for about 8 days now.

We got to Copacabana where everyone went for lunch and had a tour, neither Mariana or I wanted to do either. I just wanted to be home, in my bed with a cup of tea and cuddling tommy. I was missing everyone so much, I hadn't had wifi in 5 days so wasn't even able to message Tommy, mum, dad or Kate. I was so close to tears but I held it. I left my bag with Mariana who was sat in a bar ordering food (i couldn't think of anything worse) and wondered to cash point to get some Bolivianos out, where we were heading to - the island of the sun, there's no cash point. I then went to the pharmacy and got something for my tummy. I got back to Mariana and asked the barman where the toilet was, he had ago at me for not asking in Spanish. I was either going to throw up on him or shit myself on his floor, so it was in his interest to just tell me. I was really disliking Bolivia right now.

After this we got on the boat to head to the island of the sun, I was now chundering, it was horrible. I had to sit on the boat for an hour and a half. Mariana came outside to check on me, she then spoke to the captain and sorted out our accommodation, I couldn't even think about that! Thanks fuck for Mariana I thought.

Off the boat we went where porters were going to come and help us with our bags. I can see why this service was offered, there's thousands of steps to anywhere on the island. We got to the hostel, it felt like forever getting there. I just wanted to lay down, Mariana was really annoyed at the people from the hostel. There were 2 girls that decided to stay where we were because the place they had booked was at the north of the island and we were at the south. The guys at the hostel had given our room to them, so we got a different one that was more expensive. I didn't give a shit because I wasn't well but Mariana was really upset by it. She was arguing with the guys in Spanish and then started crying. I had no idea what was going on, I just wanted to throw up and lay down. All was fine in the end, we got a discount and Mariana was happy.

The reason we went to this island was for the sunrise and sunset, it's meant tot be incredible, someone said it was better than Machu Pichu. We had an hour before sunset, I just wanted to lay down and shower, an hour didn't feel long enough. Anyways, a quick sleep, a freezing cold shower and off we went to walk to the top and see the sun set. The island was beautiful, I would probably say not worth the hassle but I may have felt different if I were fitting fit. I was very slow at walking but eventually got to the top, it was stunning, and freezing. We then went for dinner, where I had half a mouthful of food. We sat with another lady, I had to excuse my rude behaviour (I didnt want to talk much and she clearly did haha) I just explained I wasnt feeling too good.

They had wifi here but you had to pay, I didn't care just wanted to speak to my family. I asked for the wifi code but never got it. The service was so bad and I felt so unwell that I just wanted to leave.

Mariana and I said we would stop somewhere for coca tea if we see anywhere 5 nice. I was so excited for bed! We started heading back down, a puppy followed us and the a guy tagged on with us because his torch was crap and there were no streetlamps. He asked if he could tag along and have dinner whilst we were having tea. We went into a little place and ordered our tea. I was having a bad turn and the thought of this guys fish coming out was making my tummy go. I felt like such a broken person, one dodgy, bloodshot, sore eye and a very dodgy tummy. I was feeling pathetic and sorry for myself.

I made my apologies and said I had to go, Mariana insisted on coming with me. We got back and both piled on more clothes and got into bed. It was freezing, no heater or anything in the hostel. I was missing Pisko and Soul and cusco so much.

Despite the cold, it was nice to be in a bed, we both slept very well. Woke up for sunrise which we were able to see from just outside our room, I was relieved by this. I felt soooooooo much better today.

Still not 100% but a damn lot better than what I had been. We got a boat to the north of the island and walked around for a few hours. It was gorgeous.


Still not worth the hassle I thought but it was stunning...


We then headed back to the south of the island where Mariana had a bad turn and was sick. I think that was more sea sickness. We then got Mother boat back to Copacabana. Then jumped on our bus. Mariana was getting off at Puno and I was carrying on to Arequipa. I was feeling pretty good now...




We got off at Puno for dinner where I still couldn't eat more than a fee mouthfuls, I suppose I do have a pretty big mouth though. Also I was secretly happy I didn't have much of an appetite, maybe there is still a chance I can loose that 3 stone before Nick and Katies wedding!

Mariana and I said our goodbyes, which was really sad! Then back on the bus to Arequipa. We arrived at 5.30am, couldn't check in until midday but i didn't mind so much because I finally had wifi and could message everyone.

Time to relax I thought! :)

Posted by gemvinny 19:12 Archived in Peru Tagged arequipa cusco copacabana island-of-the-sun Comments (0)

Lares Trek

"Its 2am, I'm wide awake, I have had 3 hours sleep and can not, for love nor money get any more sleep! I run everything through my head of what I need to do, pack, prepare. I feel like I'm as prepared as i will ever be."

The 2 french girls came in from their night out at 330am, I decided to get up and shower. I took everything out of the dorm, I was as quiet as a mouse, as delicate as a flower... crash, bang, wallop! I compared my quiet skills to Ms Trunchball's ballerina skills..


I headed to the small Plaza, I was the first there, slowly people trickled along, then the bus came. Marko was no where to be seen, oh there he be, the other side of the plaza on his tod haha. We all jumped on the bus, we had an hour and a half bus journey ahead of us, there seemed to be a nice atmosphere, then everyone fell asleep apart from myself and Louis. I can't sleep on public transport anyways, even if I could I was too wired to sleep. We picked up the chef - Fernando and his 2 assistants - Denise and Felix.

After a very bumpy ride where bums really did leave seats we got off and bought some bread for the children that we would come across in the next couple days. We then jumped back on and went to Pumahuanca.

We all applied sun cream, insect repellent and got our stuff ready. Then the donkeys and horses came with the horseman, his wife and son, as well as the porter. The horses and donkeys would carry the food, tents and night bags. Meaning we would only habe to take our day bags. Table and chairs were set up and we all had an amazing feast for breakfast, fruit, bread, coca tea, it was delicious! All of the workers and us stood in a circle and introduced ourselves.


Horseman wife - Marissa

Horseman son


Chef - Fernando (24 years)

Assistant chef - Denis (mid 20s)

Assistant chef - Felix (mid 20s)

Guide - Marko (28 years)


Norwegian couple (early 30s)

- Hege

- Steffan

Canadians (early-mid 20s)

- Louis

- Christie

- Phoebe

- Jenni

The other lady didn't show, apparently shes not very well. Meaning I will be in a tent on my own, not sure how I feel about that!

The weather was a concern of all of ours, we asked Marko and he said it will be sunny and to think positive haha. I don't think you can really have an accurate weather forecast around these parts, it changes every 5 minutes.

Marko then taught us how to correctly roll and chew Coca leaves, these would be our saviour. Another one of Markos sayings "Coca leave is my best friend" haha. A lot of people don't like the taste of Coca leaves, I really do, I think I could easily quit smoking with coca leaves! Marko assured us Coca leaves don't make you high like cocain haha.

We all hit our walking sticks together in a gesture of "we can do this" and off we went. It was down hill for about 2 minutes, then Marko stopped us where it began to go up hill, he said "right, you've had the easy bit, the rest of the day will be uphill". He also said "keep strong, it's all up here (taps head), nothing is impossible". This phrase was said a lot throughout the trek, it was needed!

Off we went, no one was saying much. You could feel the angst between the group! Then little conversations would spirt out here and there. It was hard, really fucking hard! I was just about ok until midday, then I realised I didn't know what really Fucking hard was until now, the uphill gradients along with the reallllly bright sun and the altitude! I breathed a sigh of relief whenever a group of llamas, donkeys or horses wanted to get by. It meant we could breath for about 3 minutes.




I found the best way to cope was by looking at the surroundings, it really helped. If you just look around you, it's absolutely incredibly gorgeous, whatever way you turn there was something beautiful to see. It really was something like I've never experienced before.

Whenever someone was feeling unwell, dizzy, headachey, sick - Marko would get his little bottle of magic out. I then decided to call him Magical Marco, this stuck! The bottle consisted of Pisco (alcohol) and lemon, not sure what else but it smelt fucking strong. You would put your hands out, Marko would put some on your hands then you would rub your hands together and smell your hands, Marko would consistently encourage you to cough, "this makes me happy, you cough, this make me very happy" He would say. Not sure why it works but it seemed to.

We stopped for a couple of short breaks, listened to the knowledge of Magical Marko and then carried on. As soon as we would stop all jumpers, hats and scarfs would go back on. The second we started hiking again, clothes would slowly come back off. It was like this the whole trip : Warm > hot > cold > freezing > warm > boiling.

One freeeeezing momen in the tent, it got to -10.


We passed one other group of tourists, apparently on the inka trail all you would see were tourists. So pleased i didnt do that one! This made the trip even more magical! We then stopped for lunch where the other group were also set up to have lunch. We had quite a bit of time to chill out before we eat, Steffan showed off his camera equipment, I only took one lens with me. Steffan had a flash that was quite heavy and a huge camera. Throughout the trip he would give me pointers on how to use my camera. Steffan and Hege are such an adorable couple, I really really like them! Both very caring people, also really funny. Had such a laugh with them. I really do hope I meet them again, I really want to go to Norway and see them! Steffan put his flash on my camera and made it work, it was awesome! I'm seriously going to start my photography lessons when I get back!

Anyhooooo, back to lunch, so there was a red tent set up for us, it was all very mystical, what was happening in the tent?! Then a bowl for each of us came out, we had to wash our hands (this happened before every meal - nice touch I thought) and go eat. Into the red tent we went. I didn't have very high expectations for lunch, what with being on a mountain and all. There were 2 sections to the tent, our section and the chefs section, we all sat down and closed the doors, it got nice and toasty warm. Every now and then flames and a loud sound would appear from the other side of the tent, we would all cheer and clap along, in my case I would scream, jump off my seat and then cheer and clap along. It all added to the atmosphere!

Then lunch comes....oh, my, fucking, god!!! What is this?!?!?!?! How can food like this be produced on a mountain?!?!!?! I can't remember all the dishes we had but every single dish was incredible, all different types of potatoes, all fresh fruit and veg, ah man it was incredibly, the Ceviche was the best!! I am going to ask Marko for a lot of the food we had because it was just out of this world. Without a shadow of a doubt the best food I've had in Peru so far!! We kept saying what would Fernandos cooking be like if he had a real kitchen ! He was only 24 as well! Absolutely astonishing! Apparently he studied to become a chef, I think he should open a restaurant up!

I think we all indulged a little too much over lunch, forgetting we still had a fair few hours of hiking left to do. None of us could imagine hiking, we had a little rest, went for a pee - they dug us a hole and put a tent around it, magic! Then off we went again. Wow, it was really really hard! I seriously had points where I wondered if I'd make it. At one point I went so so dizzy, thought I was going to be sick amd had such a headache. Marko was incredible and noticed when someone wasnt quite themselves, he would just stop them and sort them out with his bottle of magic.

Communication was imperative on this sort of trek, we had to help each other through and Marko had to know when we weren't feeling quite right. The magic bottle didn't help so much this time, after about 20 minutes I had the dizziness, sickness but it got worse, my vision started blurring and I thought I was going to pass out, my shakes were unbearable and then tears started rolling down my cheeks, I just didn't know what to do. Luckily the sunglasses hid my tears, in my head I wished so badly that someone I knew was there. I just sat on the floor, shut my eyes and put my head in my arms. Marko comes back over with his magic bottle, makes me cough a minimum 10 times then off we went again. Marko and I walked together, he explained it can just all of a sudden take over but it passes. The altitude can do some crazy things. I then decided I was just going to walk slowly and try and make it to the campsite alive haha. Everyone was struggling but supporting each other. Magical Marko words of wisdom "nothing is impossible" kept playing through my head. Everyone was so generous, between us we had everything we needed. I didn't take any altitude sickness tablets because had the trusty coca leafs and the nurse who did my injections said Nurofen is just as good, I don't think the Nurofen really helped me. Coca leaves were incredible! Louis said he had some magic pills in his night bag and that I could have one when we got to the campsite.

The rest of the trek on day one was ok, i didn't feel 100% but felt a hell of a lot better than before. This was taken shortly after i thought i was going to faint...


We all got to the campsire and high fived. It felt like a good achievement. It's so strange how you can feel ok, then out of nowhere the altitude monster comes and bites you up the arse.

Everyone sat in their tents and had a rest, I didn't want to, I wanted to do something. I just wondered about for a bit by now it was sooooo cold then Marko said it was happy hour, don't get too excited happy hour means tea and hot chocolate! Tea was just what we needed, I was so excited about tea!! We then had another incredible dinner and chilled around a fire. It was pitch black by 6.30pm, no light apart from the millions of stars and camp fire. Everyone loved my torch (well bike light), it was the strongest out of everyones, Marko really wanted it, I nearly give it to him but decided against it haha because it cost me a lot of money. It lite up all the mountains around us. It was awesome! The setting where it flashed on and off would apparently come in handy...

The only thing that I would have changed about that evening would be to have blankets or something to sit on around the fire. Everyone just stood. Just thought it would have been cossier to sit, that's me being nitpicky and my only slight change I would have made. Plus, we had a campfire and the other group didnt (there was one other group doing the same trek, we were trying to beat them, we did as well). We spoke, well Christie spoke about aliens a lot! I talked about 'Out on a limb' and aliens in that. Marko decided to tell us about the fucking animals around. Apparently when you shine ur torch around when going to the toilet you can see the eyes of coyotes, arghhhhh. I was in a tent on my own and was not happy about fucking coyotes near me! I started freaking out. Even when everyone was still up I was too nervous to go for a piss. I thought I would just go by my tent in the night. After a little while everyone dispursed and went to bed, I stayed chatting to Marko for a bit but didn't leave it too long before hitting the sack.

I felt exhausted, only having 3 hours sleep and the hardest trek of my life had done me in! It was freeeeezing but i managed to fall asleep straight away, woke up 2 hours later at midnight where no one was about, I was seriously trying to concentrate on anything but my bladder, i needed a piss sooo badly! I put some music on and one headphone in my ear, I didn't want to block all sound out. Tried to go back to sleep, but nope we were right next to a stream, all I could hear was that. I kicked my legs in furry at my stupid fear of darkness, let alone fucking coyotes, arghhhhhg fucking Marko I thought haha. I thought fuck it, I will go right by the tent - someone will be able to save me if I stay near and something happens.

I opened the tent and Markos tent was right there! Closer than I remembered it being. I closed the tent again and thought I can't pee there, everyone is too close. Arghhhhhh! I looked at my water bottle, it was tempting, I would have to use that bottle for the next couple days so decide against that. Laid their again and thought I would try and go back to sleep. "We have to be up in 4 hours so people will be about in about 3 hours, il just wait. Or if I hear someone else get up il go then." I thought. Then I heard something bang and run. Very nearly pissed myself. I could feel my bladder about to give way. I had to woman the fuck up. So I did, shun my torch around to scare the coyotes and went for a piss. I walked with meaning but not at great speed, just to let the coyotes know who was boss haha! I got back to the tent and felt so proud! I did a little jig and got back into my sleeping bag. I felt like I had achieved something so big by walking in the dark on my own! Anyone that knows me and my fear of dark will know how much of a big thing that is to me! I was soooo happy and felt like I could take on the world. What a strange being I am!

The next morning I woke up about 430, half hour before we needed to. Felt a little bit headachey and was instantly worried the altitude sickness hadn't equalled out. We got coca tea bought to us in bed, what a great wake up call! After this I felt great. I'd had about 6 hours sleep and felt really good. I was soooo happy! I was aware this could change at any point, but what a fucking marvelous start, for now I was going to appreciate it.

We had another fantastic breakfast. Steffan casually explained how he fainted whilst pissing in the middle of the night, the way he said it was so funny, just like it was a normal thing! Thank god he was ok. He said he woke up laying down and looking at the stars. This altitude is a strange old thing! Then Phoebe told us it was Jennis birthday! She kept that quiet! What a way to spend your birthday!! Jenni was awesome, she was very accident prone, clumsy and very funny. She was the comedian of their group. She made me laugh a lot. She loved it when i called her "love" haha, she imitated my accent and by the end of it had a bit of an English twang to her voice. I got full blame haha. Phoebe was funny, apparently shes never treked before, despite living in Vancouver. All their friends were shocked at Phoebe trekking, she struggled and constantly moaned and said she'd never trek again haha. All of them were very clever, Phoebe was at Harvard studying law, Jenni and Chrissie are both at med school studying to become docs and Louis is a computer engineer.

We all got ready and off we went. Left the horsemen and chefs packing and cleaning the food - Marko assured us they will be fine. Sure enough they left a lot after us and overtook us! They must be super human! Today is a lot longer than yesterday but "only" (fucking only) the first few hours were up hill, steeper than yesterday mind, and through the snow. I was quite excited about the snow now. Crunchy crunchy snow! After that it's all down hill baby!

I don't know why or how, but I felt really fit and strong today. The altitude was most definitely there but it wasn't holding me back. I could keep going and even lead the group some of the time, which Louis ended up doing on the first day when we were struggling behind. I think a good night's sleep really sorted me out and helped me climatise to the altitude. I couldn't believe my luck.

The snow was incredible, it was so shiny and sparkly, never seen anything like it. Marko instructed us to put sunglasses on because the glisten is really bad for your eyes..

Unfortunately Hege had been unwell the night before, had an upset tummy and not much sleep, we weren't too far from the peek but everything had taken its toll on her, she nearly passed out, right on an edge of the mountain, it was so scary and everyone was worried. Louis and I were further up so didn't see it, Magical Marco sorted it, ran up the mountain and shouted to bring the emergency horse down to collect her.


Hopefully you can see the little red dot where Markos is.

It turned out to be a donkey that came and got Hege. Bless her she looked so unwell but was still smiling. The donkey kept stopping, it didn't want to budge, that was quite comical in hindsight. We all got to the top and Hege was thankfully feeling a lot better.

Once we got to the top, wow, I couldn't believe the view, absolutely out of this world. I haven't looked through my photos on my camera but I can guarantee they don't show the real prospective, it was truly breath taking, ok that may have been the altitude but still it was incredible. I never thought I'd be so lucky to see such a beautiful view. I never thought I would be so touched by a view. Again tears started running down my cheeks, I'm turning into a wet ol' hippy I thought to myself. I didn't want to take photos, I didn't want to talk to anyone, I just wanted to sit quietly, on my own and take it all in, incredible I thought! Maybe it's because I'm getting older that views like this can touch my heart so much but I don't think so, I honestly just think the Andes Mountains, at the top of a peak is incredible. To absent friends I thought as I eat my apple. Then I realized how soppy I was being and felt I needed to stand up and shake myself.

It was then photo time, everyone took everyone's photos, selfies and such like.

It was then time for the decent, I was feeling a little anxious about this but not too much, its how I broke my ankle previously but I'd learnt from my mistakes, I wasn't gunna rush, in fact I did the oppsosite, at first I probably moved about the pace of an 80 year old. "I will not break my ankle, I will not break my ankle".

I then became interested in all the different stones, they were really pretty, we were walking on them, many of them were glistening, they didn't look natural but they were. I asked Marko many questions, it fascinated me. Apparently there was silver and quartz on the mountain. I'd walk through and ask Marko what every stone was, it's a mountain full of treasures, I wanted a little bit of Rose Quarts for mother dearest, it being her birth stone and all. I picked up a few bits, but who knows. Apparently people have been coming over to mine, in years to come I expect it the mountain will be taken over by people mining.

It was lovely had a great chat wit Chrissie on the way down, it started with stones ha! She's so young but so knowledgeable, very clever and always thinking about those around her.

As time went on going down hill did not get easier, walking along the edges of the mountain with a sheer drop, I put my hand down on what seemed like nice soft grass to support myself, but noooooooope, they were needles of grass. I quickly grabbed my hand back and there were about 100 thistles in my hand, it looked a bit like a hedgehog, I pulled most of them out but have about 8 left that I can't get to.

Steffan was speedy-gonzally going down, he said the trick is to go quick, its better for your knees, so I did and I slipped and fell about 4 times ( not when there was a sheer drop), the last time I skidded quite far and we couldn't stop laughing, Marko was quite far back, he saw me go this time and started sprinting down, everyone shouted telling him I was ok, bless him, thought that was very sweet. I just wanted to roll down, too many stones!

We stopped and had lunch, Marko told us that we were way above schedule and were actually at our camp site, we were all so shocked and happy! We had a decision to either carry on and make it to tomorrow's destination or stop here, tomorrow's destination there were hot springs, absolute no brainer for me, but obviously it was a group decision. It didnt help the skies opened and it pissed it down. If we went today it would mean

1- we would be the second fastest team

2- we get to sit in hot springs allllll night and morning

3- we don't have to fucking hike the following day

4- we fitted a 3 day hike into 2 days

Then the sun came out and we all decided to go woooooo. Before we went we had to give some presents out to the children, we were in one of the mountain villages, it's crazy to think people live on the mountain and that there are little villages! We had come across a few women, the women work so so hard. Marko had the gift of the gab with them, he knew what to say make the little old ladies laugh and smile. One lady we came across was just hugging a chicken, then she let go and it just stayed there on her lap. It was a proper pet chicken. We all had a photo with her and gave her some food and coca leaves. Pretty much every local we came across we gave something to. I was so intrigued by this. A lot of them didn't have toothbrushes and led extremely simple lives on the mountain. It just made me realise how materialistic us westerners are, of course I already knew this, we all know it but it really hits home when u look at yourself, smartphone, smart watch, top of the range camera, walking boots etc, then you look at these ladies all in similar colourful clothes, the same sort of open toed leather sandals, all their toes are scraped up and filthy. I asked Marko if they're really poor, he said they don't feel poor because they're happy and have everything they need and know no different. This instantly made me think of back home, we're in a whirlwind where technology is easily taking over our lives, we entertain ourselves and our children with ipads, we freak out if we leave our phone at home for a day. The generation of the inpatient technos! If we want something we can order instantaneously and with the help of Amazon Prime we can get them the next day. When is the madness going to stop? Will it stop? Does it matter if it doesn't stop? I mean, it's not all bad, with science and technology I think one day we will find a cure for cancer. I don't know, this is a topic I could go on about for ages!

I was on a mission to get there, and get there quick! I stayed at the front the rest of the way, Marko and I were way infront and chatted about pretty much everything, his family, my family, marriage, kids, work, computers, development, future plans. It was really nice. Along the way we would stop and meet children, give them bread or a present (bread, toothbrush, ball). The rain helped my shoes grip, I was able to not slip, this made me very happy. We had the emergency horse with us just incase, the horseman son (kicking myself for not remembering his name) was in charge of him. He was only about 12 and followed his dad's every steps. He has the nicest smile and was sooooo cute! Very strong and hard working. I couldn't believe how hard the horsemen, his family and the porters worked. When we were walking along the workers were all running passed and I asked Marko why they were running, Marko explained they had to get to camp before us to set every thing up and to get cooking. I couldn't believe it. I felt so bad. Marko explained that it's their job and they enjoy it, they know they have to work hard because they didn't go and get an education, therefore their job is manual. Bless them!

The sun was setting and setting quick, everyone was walking at a quicker pace than normal. Then the heavens opened, we all got our ponchos out and put them on, the horseman son had nothing, he was in shorts, sandals and a jumper, bless Hege she gave him her rain coat.

Marko was picking up his speed, so I started picking mine up, but watching every step I took. I had moments I got a bit cocky but just thought "don't get over confident, it's how ankles get broken, mistakes are made and concentration is lost when you're tired" so I tried to be cautious as well!

We made it!!! We got there!!!!! Ahhhhh it was the best feeling EVER!!!! THE HOT SPRINGS LOOKED AMAZING!!!!! There were 6 different pools in total, all different temperatures. From freezing to boiling.


The very first thing we did was jump in the hot springs, oh my giddy-fucking-god, what more could we ask for?! Right then at the moment life felt absolutely perfect, after the last couple days, we were able to relax in the hot springs, absolutely incredible. I couldn't have been happier. Well maybe with a beer in hand....

I asked Marko what the chances are of having a beer, of course he sorted the beers, the horseman went and got them, then snuck them in threw the straw roof. It scared the shit out of us all, we thought the horse was eating the roof haha! We had dinner and a beer, it was the best beer ever! Hadn't had a beer for a few days and had done the hardest trek ever, god the beer tasted good!

Another absolutely amazing dinner! Then a birthay cake came out for Jenni, apparently made on the mountain, what the fuck man?! Incredible! We all sang happy birthday again :)

The Canadian guys went to bed. Leaving Marko, Hege, Steffan and myself. We chatted about a lot of things, I realised there are some things I really should know about England and my hometown but just dont, for example population of shoreham, my estimate was 5,000 pah!!

Hege and Steffan then went to bed, started chatting away to Marko, I had finished my beer (we had a ltr bottle each) but there was one left, Fernando Denis and Felix came and sat with us for a bit but then went and got in the hot springs, we nearly did but decided not to. We got onto the subject of the herbal stuff, went for a walk up the mountain, where there was a sheer drop, I wasn't sure this was such a good idea in flip flops ha! Figured Marko knew what he was doing, we sat and smoked some herbal magicals through a carrot, what a strange experience! Ah man, what a perfect day! Just looked at the stars, watched the people in the hot springs. I started thinking about home and how lucky I am, it's been a common thought this holiday, then i thought about how i will never be here, in this moment again, like this, with these people, woah! Now that is a strange, strong feeling, nothing and no one would ever be able to take this moment or memory away. I think it's natural for most people (those that aren't arrogant cunts anyway) to compliment themselves, I felt proud of what I had acheived in the last couple of days, silly things like going for a piss in the dark, for actually turning up at 5.30 am on the first day, I could have so easily not, for completing the first 2 days.

We walked up to that viewing shelter and then up the zigzag path.

Right enough of that shit, I had to then somehow get down this part of the mountain, in the dark, flip flops on and a tad cross eyed, Marko led the way, I was independent Gemma at first until I nearly fell, then I grabbed onto Marko, got down fine, damn I was going to sleep well that night. I was sooooo happy I had the tent to myself (things like that that have made me change, I didn't want to be in a tent on my own at first).

The next morning we all got up, had our last meal cooked by Fernando, incredible, obviously it was incredible! He baked us another cake! We then all jumped into the hot springs again, we went into a cooler, bigger one this morning. It was the size of a swimming pool. I raced Marko a couple swimming and won, wooooo! We all just had a laugh and chilled out. It was nice not having to wake up at 5 and having to hike. We stayed in for ages!

After this we got dressed, packed up and said goodbyes to the horsemen. All jumped on the bus, got a tshirt, took a selfie and off we went towards Machu Pichu.


(From back left Jenni, Louis, Marko, Chrissie, Phoebe, Me, Hege, Steffan)

The roads were really windy, I was loving the journey, it was so interesting, the roads were like something on top gear, windy with sheer drops, it was pretty freeky! You drive over waterfalls, it's weird, the waterfalls on the road, then drops down again. Very strange! Chrissie chundred in a plastic bag, so she sat in the front for the rest of the journey. We dropped off the porter and chefs and continued. Got off the bus at the train station in Ollantaytambo and got on the train to Machu Pichu, the train journey was about 1h 30m and it pissed it down the whole way. We got to the Machu Pichu city, sun came out and off we wondered to the hotel.

Oh.my.frig! It only just clicked we were staying in a hotel, not camping, no holes in the floor, a proper toilet, not a hostel with cold showers, a fucking hotel!!!!!! Had the bestest, longest shower ever, had clean towels, ah it was sooooo good. I then went to brush my hair but couldnt, I'd burnt it I'm the sun. Doh! It's now peeling, it's really attractive, when im around and it's windy people think it's snowing ha!

We had an hour and a half before we were meeting in the lobby, I was ready in good time so went for a wonder. Bought Markos twins some sweets - he apparently has to take them back something after each trip. Machu Pichu city was obviously full of tourists, it was ok! We then all met and went for dinner, had a laugh, got a bit pissed. It was nice! Then Louis, Steffan, Marko and myself decided to go for more drinks. Went to this weird snooker place, it was very strange, there wasnot a bar just snooker tables and a dart board. It was very rastafarian. Met a group of lads and 1 girl, they were really nice. You could smoke inside this place which was a first that Id come across (although note - I didn't smoke, hadn't smoked tobacco for 4 days).

Marko was incredible at poole, apparently he was a champion. I said I had a pool cue and instantly regretted it because they thought I'd be good, I explained I wasnt, hoped for some south American luck, it didn't really happen haha! I blame the table, it rolled like fuck! Plus pockets were different haha. Excuses ;)

I was better at darts though, which is a first. I played against some of the italian guys. Marko had never played and was fucking awful, I think he got the board once. Everyone was in stitches!

After this place shut we headed back and then Marko and I decided to smoke the carrot again "everything organic" as Marko would say! This was no where near as good as before, too pissed and it's just not the same as being up a mountain, still it was fun. Got to bed about 2.30 and had to be up and ready to get a bus to Machu Pichu at 530am. I passed out fully clothed, contact lenses still in and without setting an alarm. Thank fuck I woke up in time. God I felt rough! I was sooooooo tired and my eyes were so sore. Especially my right one.

Everyone grabbed breakfast apart from me, I couldn't eat that early anyways. I thought I was going to chundred on the bus, I didn't, it was fine haha! Got there and out into the fresh air and remembered i had to do a hike, oh fuck me I thought! In all honesty after what people were telling me about Machu Pichu, I wasn't looking forward to it one bit. Apparently it's sooooo touristy, unlike our trail had been. This was confirmed when we got there, before that even - the queue for the bus was so long.

I had blisters on my feet, a hangover, sore eyes and the sweltering heat was not helping. Got on with the hike and it made me feel so much better, Steffan was feeling the beers as well. In general Machu Pichu exceeded all expectations, it was incredible. The hike was the best, not too many people did the Sun gate hike. Got to the top and a rainbow appeared, it felt so magical. It didnt take my breath away like the top of the Andes Mountains did, I think the hangover and the tourists are the reason why. None the less it was so amazing. Also, a rainbow, how fucking idyllic and perfect!


(Spot the rainbow)

Apparently rainbows means it's good for fertility, get bumping and grinding if that's ya thing guys and gals, if not double up!

Marko then gave us a guided tour around the most important parts, it was really interesting, I learnt a lot! The incas are so strong and talented! By this point my eye was killing. I could hardly keep it open. I feared I had infected it whilst on the trek and not having the cleanest of hands when putting contacts in. Everyone was very quiet by this point, I think Marko was disappointed in the lack of questions we had. Haha!

After Machu Pichu, I was so ready to sleep. We all got on the bus, then stopped and had lunch in the same place we had dinner. By this point my eye was unbearable, Jenni gave me somedrops, that just stung, so just did my best to keep my eye open. We then got the train then bus and I slept. Another thing I seemed to have overcome - sleeping in public places!

We arrived back at wonderful Cusco at about 7pm. I was really regretting booking the Copacabana trip for the same night. I just wanted to sleep. Everyone went their separate ways and Marko took me to a pharmacy to get something for my eye. Then we bumped into Mariana and all decided to go for some grub. After this I said bye to Marko, I was really sad to say bye to him, think I made a good friend there.

The anticlimax of the trek had really hit me. I missed being with everyone, I missed the challenge, I didn't want to leave Cusco. I was exhausted and Cusco made me feel safe, I have to go to stupid Copacabana I thought. In all honesty I'm still feeling that way a bit but that's part of travelling. I feel lucky to have found somewhere I love. It was just nice being with Mariana, when you're a solo traveller and you click with someone, it's so nice, you got each others backs. She sure had mine, I couldn't open my eyes at all now so Mariana had to sort everything out for me/us. I don't know what I would have done without her. That was just the beginning of my trio of illnesses!

Posted by gemvinny 18:49 Comments (0)

Cusco city tour, pisco sours and very nearly shifty myself..


So I had an amazing breakfast that included cooked eggs, rather than just a bread roll like the last hostel! It was so good! The staff are so so friendly and really helpful, highly recommend this hostel to everyone!

I met the other girls in my dorm, Jaime from USA and Mariana from Brazil. Lovely ladies! We decided to do a city tour which was great. Really nice hanging out with 2 other solo travellers, exchanging stories and such like. First we had a wonder around Cusco, I still loved the city soooo much! Mariana was saying about a trip she wants to organize, very similar to a trip I wanted to do (lake titikaka) apart from she wanted to go to Cobacavana (in Bolivia) as well. I wasn't sure about that until we went into Peru hop and the young Irish man was saying about it, I was sold, looks like an awesome trip!!

We wondered the streets, looked around the shops and the sites and a weird museum that was somewhat different (there were Jesus Statues in all shapes and forms, I cant really describe it, photos will explain better but they are on my camera and I will upload all of them when I'm home - only photos from my phone on the blog so far). We then realised the time, decided to have a quick lunch - ended up being a 3 course meal for only 10 soles (£2.50), it was tasty but we had to rush it in 20 mins and run back to the hostel.

The city tour was great saw some really great sites, started by going to Cusco cathedral where we saw some very interesting points of view of religion (a skinned guinea pig laying on a plate at the last supper). Made me laugh how many interpretations there are of all the things in the bible. What a loada turd is all I am going to say, interesting none the less, if you like that sorta thing.

Anyways, yawn! Next we went to a tower which, in all honesty, the tour guide lost me, I can't remember what it was about, the tower wasn't even there haha! Then we jumped on a bus to Q'enqo which was very beautiful, on the drive up you saw a lot of Cuscos poverty, this in itself was quite overwhelming.

When we got there the view was amazing. The ruin means 'Zigzags' - when the tour guide started talking about limestone I thought 'Tommy should be here, he'd be in his element'. There's ambiguity around what the site was used for but there were lots of stones and caves, it's said to be part of some sort of ritual, in the cave were a set of stone table and a chairs. Very interesting listening and reading about the different opinions on what it's used for.

We then jumped back on the bus and went to Saqsaywaman, Which of course everyone calls Sexy woman - much to my approval! This site was amazing, probably my fav out of the lot, it's the historic capital of the Inka Empire. The whole site was incredible! There were llamas, the stones that the incas made, GREAT HUGE stones, apparently they were made else we and taken down, it just doesn't make sense because they all fit together so perfectly. Each stone looks purpose built/moulded, like a jigsaw, perfectly snug next to each other, yet all different shapes and forms, it was amazing seeing what the Inkas had built! Who would have thought they'd get me chatting about riveting things such as walls?!

We then jumped onto the bus again and went to Tambomachay, which was nice, we walked up to 3,800 meters to see a little waterfall. The views were great. Some of the tour people didn't walk up with us because of the altitude. Then 4 of us went further to reach the highest point, just for a selfie ya know.


(Nice blurry one of Jaime, Mariana and myself)

Then we headed home but not before stopping at a shop where we got a lesson on real Llama and clothes. I bought head band that I fell in love with :)

Then we had a wonder around town, we went to the Peru hop place for me to book my spot on the bus to Puno where we had a boat trip around lake titikaka and then heading to Copacabana, back to Puno. All booked, Mariana and I were going to meet up on the monday after my trek. A little concerned I will be cutting it fine with arriving back from the trek and heading straight off, i figure it will be fine!

We then went to the Llama Path office (who my trek is booked through), I remembered i had to go there before the trek but couldnt remember why. The staff reminded me I had my orientation meeting / welcome meeting the following day at 4pm (thank fuck I did go in I thought). After speaking to the dude at Llama path, I was officially bricking it, I just thought it would be like the jungle trek tommy and I did. Apparently not, it was a lot more official and there was a lot more room for error. I thought I was totally prepared for it but now I felt totally unprepared for it and started freaking out. I was concerned how the altitude was going to get me, also that I was going to hold the whole group up. I asked the age range and it was 22-34 so everyone was young! I was convinced I would be the most unfit and would probably try and kill myself trying not to be last. I then realised that that's the competitive side of me coming out, possibly one reason I broke my ankle, I will have to remind myself on the tour being last is better than dying haha. Anyways I may not be last, bahhhh who am I kidding of course I will. These are all the things that kept running through my head over and over again.

Anyways to take my mind off it Marianas, Jaime and I went and eat guinea pig (Cuy), it's a delicacy in Peru and Mariana and I felt we should try it. Once I got passed the fact it's a pet and the fact I used to have 11 of them, then mum texting me the name of hers, it was actually really nice, bit chewy, but really nice.

After this we got back to the hostel and this happened...


It was a lovely evening, although it didn't help get rid of my angst regarding the trek! Particularly when the guy behind the bar asked what trek I was doing, when I told him he pulled that face, you know the one, the one that says "oooohhhh, shit, really!?" Then he went on to talk in Spanish very quickly. I had started mastering the art of understanding people in Spanish, but not right now. Jaime translated for me, he explained it will most definitely rain, it's higher altitude than the inka trail and a lot colder. Bahhhhhh!! What have I let myself in forrrrrrrrrrrrrr?!?!!?

Today I woke up instantaneously anxious about the trek, I felt sick, nervous, worried and upset. I felt guilty feeling these things, I could be at home working but I'm about to embark on an amazing adventure, I was desperately trying to snap myself out of it. So I messaged mum and she was very supportive and helped me realise it will all be ok. I then said bye to Jaime, she was about to head home, Mariana went on a tour and I decided to wonder around and sort some trek things out. For some reason today the altitude was really getting to me, more than it ever had, no doubt the fact that the air is thin and I'm panicking, I need to chill the fuck out, now I'm annoying myself! I bought myself some coca leaves, a fleece, some thermal leggings, a rain poncho, toilet roll, water. I decided I was all set, I had walking boots, waterproof coat, torch, new tankini Mumma and Nighy bought me and warm clothes. That's that, it's done it will have to do!

There were 2 new french girls in the dorm, they seem lovely although I didn't chat much, I was too busy flapping about.

So I headed back out of the hostal, went back to the Peru hopl placr amd extemded my trip with them. Decided i will travel with them around Peru and back up to Lima after my trek. I then sat in the drizzly rain, just looking around the main plaza and taking everything in. I thought about going for a drink but I didn't fancy it! What is wrong with me I thought?! People came over to me trying to sell the typical touristy things, I entertained them but didn't buy anything. I then headed to my orientation meeting where we all met.

Everyone seems lovely - there's a norweigan couple and 4 Canadians, and little old me, the other person didn't show up. So quite a small group. I cant remember anyones names! Good start Vincent! The guide Marko (woooo one name rembered) seems like a legend, this made me feel a little more at ease. He explained everything to us and said we would work together as a team and reiterated a few times it's not a competitive - phew. Then.....He says there's been quite a lot of snow on the peak and decent, and its still snowing, my heart starts pumping hard and I feel like I'm going to shit myself! I just think back to mount Snowdon and hear the cracking of my ankle breaking, that wasn't even in snow! Marko assures us all will be okay! Yeah - cheers Marko!

So plan of action, we need to put no more than 8kg in the red duffel bags that have been provided (this includes our sleeping bags), this will be our night bags (horses will take it in the day), we need to pack our day pack with essentials (sunscreen, sunglasses, camera, poncho, waterproofs, bog roll). We will be meeting at 5.30am tomorrow morning in the small plaza, where we will be picked up by a bus, pick up the chef and his 2 assistant chefs, then drive to Pumahuanca where the trek will begin! Yikessssss!!!!! We all said our goodbyes and off we went, only to be reunited in about 12 hours!

I popped back to the hostel, Pisco and Soul is at the very top of about 10 flights of steps and a few huuuuuge hills, I figured going back again to come back out shortly is only helping with last minute practice and fitness training! Pah, yeah sure, that will keep me alive in the mountains!

Anyways I went back to the hostel and packed everything ready to go. My main backpack isn't packed very well, heavy things on the top because I'm going to need these in the morning - for my last shower for a few days, Nig says never put heavy things on top but it's gunba have to do.

I then contemplate going straight to bed, I wasn't the slightest bit hungry, figure I will need to eat ready for tomorrow. So here I am, a lasagne down and ready to go back to the hostel for an early night.

I hope to be writing my next blog post will all limbs in tact!!

See you on the otherside of it all! Djdjcbdbejakacufhrbejskakalcdncudne!!!
Bahhhhhhhh! :-/

This was what I wrote before the trek - I apparently didn't publish it!

Posted by gemvinny 03:28 Archived in Peru Tagged cusco lares-trek Comments (0)

(Entries 6 - 10 of 14) « Page 1 [2] 3 »